Moving Toward Meditation
A Virtual Meditation Course with Alyssa Snow
I’m Alyssa Snow.
As a mom of four and the owner of MindBodySoul Yoga+Wellness, I have found that daily meditation makes a huge difference in my quality of life.
So many of my students - both in studio and online - have requested resources, classes, and help in developing their own meditation practice.
Because I can’t physically be in everyone’s living room to guide their practice, I decided to show up digitally!
Moving Toward Mediation is a three month, online course that will teach you how to establish a meditation practice in the midst of your fast-paced life.
Listen y’all. If I can do it, so can you!
- Your life feels fast and you want to learn how to slow down.
- You want to begin meditation but aren’t sure where to start.
- You wish to learn how to disengage from your negative and fearful thinking.
- You would like to find some relief from depression and/or anxiety.
- You wish to connect more deeply to your Spirit.
- You wish to feel calm and grounded.
- You know meditation will be good for you, but you have no idea how to carve out the time.
- Psychological functioning and in the process improves your sense of well-being
- Your sense of social connectedness
- Your emotional stability, making you less likely to be influenced by any negative people in your life.
- Brain areas associated with mental processing and empathy.
- Cognition and your ability to perform tasks requiring focus.
- Your ability to memorize things and to store and consolidate new information.
- The density of brain tissue associated with anxiety and worrying
- Begin to overcome powerful addictions.
- Improve your cardiovascular health and reduce your risk of heart disease.
- Strengthen the human immune system and make you more resistant to viruses and infections.
The course opens with a video teaching you how to create a meditation practice in the midst of a really chaotic life.
At the beginning of each month, you will receive a video introducing the theme and intention of that month’s meditation along with access to the audio meditations - both a short and long version, because some days are busier than others! I get it!
Twice monthly, we will meet in our private Facebook group for a virtual sit. During this time, you are encouraged to ask questions or share any obstacles, issues, or breakthroughs you may be experiencing in your developing practice.
On a daily basis you will receive a “meditation moment” email offering a brief spiritual teaching relating to that month’s theme. These emails will keep you connected to your commitment and practice.
Get started now!
Alyssa has been practicing yoga for over 20 years, and teaching for over almost 17. Alyssa has studied shamanism, kundalini yoga, hatha yoga and vinyasa yoga and is the lead teacher for MBSY's 200 hour teacher training course. Alyssa is a mom of four daughters, an author, a teacher, a yogi, a shaman and a spiritual mentor. She is the Founder of MindBodySoul Yoga + Wellness in NYC.